Welcome to AFC!
We are a non-profit organization*
Advocates for Change encourages and promotes educated, positive and judicious changes which benefit our community and society. AFC assists, informs, and educates, those constrained within the justice system, affected families, communities, the legal system, the legislature and others.
AFC supports those with a sex offense and their families by:
• Advocating for change in sex offense laws and policies, and for the adherence to constitutional rights;
• Educating the public, lawmakers, and the
• Promoting the successful treatment and reintegration of those with an offense into the community, thus reducing victimization and enhancing the safety of all.
We believe that some of the best support comes from individuals and family members who have been through similar struggles. We hold general meetings in Denver with informative speakers to keep us current on major topics of interest to our members. In addition, our meetings (Denver and Colorado Springs) are a places to meet others who may have helpful information to offer, based upon first-hand.
There will be no general meetings until further notice. We are following the CDC’s recommendations and City of Denver’s requirements for social distancing regarding COVID-19 at this time.
We normally hold General meetings each month in
- Denver (usually 7:00-9:00 pm on the 4th Tuesday of the month)
- Colorado Springs (usually 7:00-9:00 pm on the 2nd Tuesday every other month)
Go to Meetings page for more info.
We also hold weekly Breakfast Action Group (BAG) Meetings on Monday Mornings.
Attendees: Check your email for notices on Bag meetings in light of COVID-19 measures.
Find Us on Facebook and Google Group
- To access our Facebook page, search for Advocates Change (with our logo) to join as friends or simply look at the Advocates4Change page to browse our articles.
- The google group was created for those who cannot or choose not to use Facebook. To access it, send an email to email@example.com and request to be added to the subscriber list. That’s all there is to it!
We do not provide direct services, but we can try to put you in touch with individuals or groups who can help.
If you or a loved one have been accused of and/or convicted of a sex offense and need assistance with jobs or other services, please visit our Resource Page or contact AFC via our email address or general phone number.
New Resources — Now available
Click here to access Downloads for : Resource Guide for Families of Adults Accused, Charged or Convicted of Sexual Offenses in Colorado (Final)
This Resource Guide is being posted on this website as a public service. This guide was not written by AFC.
To have an opportunity to get off the registry at some point in the future,
copies of your treatment and polygraph records should be kept to provide to the judge. Records are held by the treatment providers for only 6 years and polygraph records for 3 years.
- NARSOL’s Conference Videos
- NARSOL’s State Registry Information Wiki – crowd-sourced up-to-date information on the Registry in all 50 States.
- www.remerg.org is a new online resource to support reentry in Colorado.
- Federal Bonding Program – insures employer in case of embezzlement, larceny, forgery, or theft.
- CMRC Housing List 2018 (Note information is subject to change at any time)
- CDOC Parole Office Listing of Resources for those Discharging from Parole or Prison.
AFC survives on your financial support: membership dues and other contribution.
AFC collects clothing and toiletries at the general meeting to give to Doing HIS Time.
Interested in taking a more active role?
AFC Board is overloaded with work; any time you can donate is very needed.
We are looking for members who are willing to
- chart a course for action by attending the BAG Group Meetings
- attend SOMB meetings and SOMB sub-committee meetings (open to the public)
- meet with legislators and/or DoC officials
- write articles for the newsletter
- keep us informed about loved-ones experiences (challenges and successes)
- share information on housing availability, job leads, and local residency restrictions
Contact us by phone, email, or leave a comment below.
Log-in or Register to send a comment to the AFC Webmaster.
The Webmaster will forward your comment or question to an AFC member for a response. Currently we are not posting comments on the website, but we are doing our best to respond with helpful information in a timely manner.
Note: The AFC Website uses captcha to detect spambots trying to register or post comments. Reply box can be found at the bottom of page.
*Disclaimer to avoid confusion :
Please note: We have no affiliation with advocates4change.com – a fee-based company.