On this page:
- Understanding the system – Help for Families
- Information on the Sex Offender Management Board
- Sunset Reviews
- External Evaluations
- SOMB Standards and Guidelines
- Research on sexual offense issues and treatment
- Videos & Media
Understanding the System – Help for Families
Information on the Sex Offender Management Board
- Standardized treatment Programs for Sex Offenders – 2015 Sunset Review (pdf)
- SOMB – 2009 Sunset Review (pdf)
- SOMB – 2000 Sunset Review (pdf)
SOMB and SOTMP Evaluations
- External Evaluator’s Report on the SOMB (January 2014)
- External Evaluator’s Report on the SOMTP (January 2013)
SOMB Standards and Guidelines
The SOMB has been in the process of updating the Adult Standards and Guidelines for the past two years.
The latest print version was released in 2011. This document and updates, ammendments, and addendums can be found on the Adult Standards Page of the SOMB website.
The 2014 Edition of the Juvenile Standards and other information can be found on the Juvenile Standards Page of the SOMB Website.
Research on sexual offense issues and treatment
- Futility of Polygraph Testing? (March 2013)
- Does the Polygraph Lead to Better risk Prediction for Sexual Offenders? (September 2007)
Videos and Media
- Sex Offender by Brooks Fortune (video)
- Child of a Sex Offender
This young author has asked us to share her story. She said things were so bad that she and her family left the country because they had no life. She is not giving out any personal information because she is still afraid after almost 7 years.She wrote, “As a child of a sex offender, I believe my Constitutional Rights were violated by laws directed at sex offenders.I am telling my story through my website at http://childhood-destroyed-for-what.com and my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/ChildOfSexOffender/videos “
- Words to Branded Man by Merle Haggard
No Cure Language
Note from AFC: While the No Cure Language has been removed from the Colorado State Statutes and the words No Know Cure have been removed from the SOMB Standards and Guidelines, the Standards and Guidelines continue to convey this false and destructive underlying message. Clearly, our work is not yet finished.
- Are you cured yet? (Archival Posting)