Welcome to AFC!
We are a non-profit organization .
We believe that some of the best support comes from individuals and family members who have been through similar struggles. We hold general meetings in Denver with informative speakers to keep us current on major topics of interest to our members. In addition, our meetings (Denver and Colorado Springs) are a places to meet others who may have helpful information to offer, based upon first-hand.
We hold General meetings each month in
- Denver (usually 7:00-9:00 pm on the 4th Tuesday of the month)
- Colorado Springs (usually 7:00-9:00 pm on the 2nd Tuesday every other month)
Go to Meetings page for more info.
We also hold weekly Action Group Meetings
Breakfast Action Group (BAG) – Monday mornings
BAG Morning Meetings We meet at 7:00 am.
Schedule and Invitation to Nov 23, 2019 CDOC SOTMP Support Education Meeting
The Sex Offender Treatment and Monitoring Program (SOTMP) at the CDOC is presenting an introductory education meeting for families, friends and others who are considering supporting someone who has committed a sexual offense in an effort to prevent re-offending.
RSVP is required.
How to Comment on Resource Guide for Families of Adults
Accused, Charged or Convicted of Sexual Offenses in Colorado
Now available for Final Review and Comment
Part 1 Supporting your Loved One from Arrest to Sentencing
Chapter 1 – The Arrest
Chapter 2 – Jail and Bail Bond
Chapter 3 – Moving through the Court System
Chapter 4 – Evaluation, Child Contact Considerations, and Sentencing
Draft now available for Review and Comment
Part 2 Supporting your Loved One – Serving the Sentence and Beyond
Chapter 6 – Probation
Please note: As a public service, AFC is making this guide available for people to read and comment on. This guide was not written by AFC.
Find Us on Face Book and Google Group
- To access our Facebook page, search for Advocates Change (with our logo) to join as friends or simply look at the Advocates4Change page to browse our articles.
- The google group was created for those who cannot or choose not to use Facebook. To access it, send an email to email@example.com and request to be added to the subscriber list. That’s all there is to it!
We do not provide direct services, but we can try to put you in touch with individuals or groups who can help.
If you or a loved one have been accused of and/or convicted of a sex offense and need assistance with jobs or other services, please visit our Resource Page or contact AFC via our email address or general phone number.
New Resources — Now available
- Federal Bonding Program – insures employer in case of embezzlement, larceny, forgery, or theft.
- CDOC SOTMP Support Education Program Meetings – 2019 Schedule and Invitations to Attend
- CMRC Housing List 2018 (Note information is subject to change at any time)
- CDOC Parole Office Listing of Resources for those Discharging from Parole or Prison.
- www.remerg.com is a new online resource to support reentry in Colorado.
- NARSOL’s State Registry Information Wiki – crowd-sourced up-to-date information on the Registry in all 50 States.
AFC survives on your financial support: membership dues and other contribution.
AFC collects clothing and toiletries at the general meeting to give to Doing HIS Time.
Interested in taking a more active role?
AFC Board is overloaded with work; any time you can donate is very needed.
We are looking for members who are willing to
- chart a course for action by attending the BAG and DAG Action Group Meetings
- attend SOMB meetings and SOMB sub-committee meetings (open to the public)
- meet with legislators and/or DoC officials
- write articles for the newsletter
- keep us informed about loved-ones experiences (challenges and successes)
- share information on housing availability, job leads, and local residency restrictions
Contact us by phone, email, or leave a comment below.
Log-in or Register to send a comment to the AFC Webmaster.
The Webmaster will forward your comment or question to an AFC member for a response. Currently we are not posting comments on the website, but we are doing our best to respond with helpful information in a timely manner.
Note: The AFC Website uses captcha to detect spambots trying to register or post comments. Reply box can be found at the bottom of page.
Disclaimer to avoid confusion :
Please note: We have no affiliation with advocates4change.com – a fee-based company.